Wednesday, November 18, 2009

the twee pop soul of 2009, pt. 1: the none more twee mixtape


It's getting near the end of the year and looking back, I realize it's been a very good year for indie pop. AGAIN! Seems like a good time to put a playlist together of some of the songs that made me catch my breath, lose my shit, and totally go crushy like a silly kid. From the smoothed out sounds of the Clientele and Giorgio Tuma to the fuzzed sugar of Big Troubles, the precisely arranged loveliness of Lucky Soul to the ramshackle preciousness of Get Back Guinozzi!, these songs are the soundtrack to my 2009. Well, part one of it anyway.

The Magic Kids - "Hey Boy"
Afternoon Naps - "Catholic School"
Lucky Soul - "Whoa Billy
Al, Marc & Sandy - "Mike"
Cola Jet Set - "El SueƱo de mi Vida"
Giorgio Tuma - "Let's Make the Stevens Cake!!!
Summer Cats - "In June"
Burning Hearts - "I Lost My Colour Vision"
Big Troubles - "Freudian Slips"
Bricolage - "Turn U Over"
The Clientele - "I Wonder Who We Are"
Sambassadeur - "Days"
Camera Obscura - "French Navy" (live on BBC 6 Music)
Get Back Guinozzi - "Where Are You"
Liechtenstein - "Postcard"

Get the mix HERE!

2 comments:

abc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brian said...

Awesome. Lots I'd never heard. Thanks!