Sunday, January 10, 2010

the twee pop soul of 2009, pt. III


Hey gang! Hope you're ready for one last mix of 2009 jams before we get cracking on what promises to be another brilliant year for indie pop. I've heard some stuff already that is going to knock your socks off! Though there's plenty of super twee stuff like Sea Lions (pic above - I hope they're doing a cover of "King Tut".) included, this mix is a little more wide-ranging than the last two, dipping into some noisier stuff as well as some disco-y jams, mostly from Sweden. I somehow managed to resist the urge to throw on a track from The-Dream's amazing album Love vs. Money. I mean, you should totally check it out if you love slick and smooth R&B with lots of weird harmonies and hooks, but it's not really very indie pop. Maybe I need to start an R&B blog I rarely post to....nah, one blog I rarely post to is enough, right? Anyway, please enoy this mix and stick around all year for the indie pop goodness.

The Crêpes - "What Else?"
Title Tracks - "Every Little Bit Hurts"
The Bicycles - "It's A Good Thing"
Sea Lions - "Good Feeling"
The Fresh & Onlys - "I'm Gonna Be Your Elevator"
Fergus & Geronimo - "Powerful Lovin'"
Spectrals - "Leave Me Be"
Strawberry Whiplash - Picture Perfect"
Cloetta Paris - "Cry Just A Little Bit"
jj - From Africa to Málaga
Au Revoir Simone - "Another Likely Story (Aeroplane Remix)"
We & Lisa - "I Am You"
The Sound Of Arrows - Into The Clouds
Air France - "GBG Belongs To Us"
Delorean - "Deli"
In Interview - "I Confess"  

mix it up here!

No comments: